If you were involved in a car accident in Florida and suffered severe injuries, you should talk to an attorney about your legal rights. If another party is more at fault than you are, you may be compensated for the harm you suffer, either through a settlement with the other party’s insurance company or a verdict in your favor after a trial. You shouldn’t hire just any attorney to help you. You need the right person for you and your case.
Why Should I Hire an Attorney in a Car Accident Case?
You should hire a professional in situations where it makes sense to do so. Whether it’s an accountant, doctor, or lawyer, they have knowledge and experience you lack. The time, expense, and potential risk of educating yourself enough to act as your doctor, accountant, or lawyer is not worth it. Instead, you should rely on someone you trust to perform the needed services.
You don’t have the skills, experience, or knowledge to give yourself a fighting chance to obtain reasonable compensation for your injuries. There are many benefits to retaining an attorney after suffering injuries in a vehicle accident. They will:
- Deal with the insurance company, so you can focus on recovery, your family, and getting back to work.
- Investigate your accident, build evidence to support your claim, and possibly find additional parties who may have caused your injuries.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. You probably have little, if any, meaningful experience negotiating this type of issue, especially if it’s worth a good sum of money.
- Litigate your case if negotiations break down. Lawyers injured in accidents often have other attorneys with experience with these cases who take their claims to court. That’s how specialized these cases have become.
You may hire more people to help you on a day-to-day basis than you realize. You probably don’t do plumbing or electrical work on your home. You go to a dentist for cleanings and when you have problems with your teeth. This is just another situation where getting help from a professional makes sense.
How Do I Find the Right Attorney for My Case?
There are several issues to think about, including:
- Experience counts. You should avoid an attorney learning on the job if their job is your case. It’s like any other skill – the more you do something, the more you learn, the more mistakes you’ll avoid. Jeffrey R. Davis has helped clients with personal injury and car accident cases since 1986.
- Find out the attorney’s track record. Nearly every case settles. What kind of settlements has the attorney obtained for their clients? When cases went to trial, what were the outcomes?
- What level of service will you receive? Jeffrey R. Davis, P.A. is a smaller law firm that provides prompt, professional service. We don’t carry a massive caseload like some other firms, so every case and client is important to us. We get to know our clients, we care about them, and we want them to succeed.
- Find an attorney who you’re comfortable with. Do you trust them? Are you confident in their knowledge, skills, and approach? Depending on your situation, there could be tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake, maybe more. You must be comfortable with your choice of lawyer and law firm.
Whether you’re in Hollywood, Coral Gables, Miami, Islamorada, West Palm Beach, or a town or city in between, Jeffrey R. Davis can help.
Injured in a Car Accident? Jeff Davis Can Help
Jeffrey R. Davis, P.A., is a Miami personal injury law firm representing victims seeking the compensation they deserve, including those injured in car accidents. Call us today at (305) 577-3777 to schedule a free consultation.