Business and Corporate Entity Information
Florida Division of Corporations http://sunbiz.org/
Clerk of Courts Office
Miami-Dade County: http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/
Broward County: http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/ClerkWebsite/welcome2.aspx
Palm Beach County: http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. http://www.flsd.uscourts.gov/
Miami-Dade Court Fees http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/service_fee_schedule.asp
Palm Beach Court Fees http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/fees.aspx
United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Fee Schedule
Professional Standards and Regulation Information Sources
American Board of Medical Specialties: https://www.abms.org/WC/login.aspx May use this website to check on the board certification status of your doctor.
FL Office of Insurance Regulation: https://www.abms.org/WC/login.aspx Look up Florida doctors or hospitals for previously paid malpractice claims filed against them.
FL Malpractice Website:http://www.floridamalpractice.com/ A site with FAQs for medical malpractice, articles to determine the strength of your malpractice case, and background information on specific doctors. Please note: This site is a valuable information source, but not a substitute for consulting an experienced medical malpractice attorney.
FL Department of Health: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/ Find information on health issues, disease or food poisoning outbreaks in Florida, and information on a professional’s licensure. Access forms to order vital records (certificates of birth, death, divorce, marriage, etc). Read health inspection information for local businesses, information on regulations for drugs, devices, and cosmetics.
- Bureau of Epidemiology – http://www.doh.state.fl.us/disease_ctrl/epi/index.html Disease frequency reports, Florida surveillance intelligence on disease outbreaks, statistics
- Health Professional Licensure http://www.doh.state.fl.us/RW_webmaster/professionals/ Information on Emergency Medical Services (EMS) professionals, Environmental Health Inspectors, Medical Quality Assurance, and Radiologic Technologists.
- License Verification Online Search http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00PRAES/PRASLIST.ASP
- Division of Medical Quality Assurance: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/MQA/ Look up a license, report unlicensed activity, file a complaint.
- Search for Practitioner Profile Information http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00profiling/searchform.ASP
- Public Records Request http://www.doh.state.fl.us/publicRecord.html
- State of Florida Vital Records – http://www.doh.state.fl.us/planning_eval/vital_statistics/index.html
- List of County Health Departments http://www.doh.state.fl.us/chdsitelist.htm Find the contact information for your local health department.
Professional Boards: These sites have information on professional regulations, looking up a professional’s licensing information, filing a complaint, and reporting unlicensed practice.
Accountants: Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Certified Public Accounting (CPA) http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/cpa/
Lawyers: Florida Board of Bar Examiners http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/flabarwe.nsf
Chiropractors: Florida Board of Chiropractic Medicine http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/chiro/
Dentists: Florida Board of Dentistry http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/dentistry/
Engineers: Florida Board of Professional Engineers http://www.fbpe.org/
Doctors and Medical Professionals: Florida Board of Medicine http://www.stateofflorida.com/Portal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=115 Look up licensing information, file a complaint, report unlicensed activity, regulatory information
Nurses: Florida Board of Nursing http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/nursing/
Pharmacists: Florida Board of Pharmacy http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/pharmacy/
Podiatrists: Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/podiatry/
Traumatic Brain Injury
Brain Injury Association of America http://www.biausa.org/ The BIAA has a network of chartered state affiliates, hundreds of local chapters, and support groups across the country, to offer support to individuals and families touched by a life-altering traumatic brain injury. The BIAA provides information, education and support to assist the families of the 3.17 million Americans currently living with traumatic brain injury.
CDC Data & Statistics: Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States http://www.cdc.gov/Features/dsTBI_BrainInjury/
Centre for Neuro Skills: Traumatic Brain Injury Resource Guide http://www.neuroskills.com/index.shtml