The Importance of a Second Opinion
Before choosing a personal injury attorney in Miami, it is always important to get a second opinion. It is crucial to do your due diligence before you select the lawyer that will be working for you or your family on such an important matter. Here are a few valid reasons why you should seek a second opinion before hiring an attorney.
– The personal injury attorney you choose will be someone that will be involved with your case for a long time – sometimes years. You need to be able to trust and communicate with your lawyer. Are they accessible? Do they promptly answer or return your calls,emails or texts?
– Is your lawyer familiar with the type of case that you have? Are you hiring a general lawyer who handles all types of cases or one that specializes in your particular type of case?
– Has your lawyer handled your particular type of case before? Has your lawyer had a similar case that she/he has actually taken to trial? What has their experience been in the past with your particular kind of case?
– Is your lawyer Board Certified by The Florida Bar?
– How long has your lawyer been in practice?
– Is your lawyer a member of any trial organizations or other societies, local Bar associations or Colleges that concentrate in legal practice areas that your case involves?
– What do other clients say about your lawyer?
– Does your lawyer lecture in her/his field? Do they teach at any schools or conferences? Do they publish in their field?
– Has your lawyer been disciplined by The Florida Bar or any other agency or organization?
– Can your attorney afford to spend the necessary time, money and resources to see your case through to its proper conclusion?
– Have you done a Google search, Yelp search, FaceBook search or other social media review on your lawyer?
– Have you looked your lawyer up on The Florida Bar website?
If after you have done your “homework” and have questions or concerns about the attorney that you have researched, it may be in your best interest to reach out to a lawyer you can really trust for a second opinion. When searching for the correct representation , make sure you do plenty of research on how experienced the attorney is, especially in the area of law that your case pertains to and also be sure to read the reviews from previous clients of the attorney. Are they positive reviews? Are the reviews legitimate? Paying attention to things like this will ensure you are making the right selection when choosing an attorney for your case.
Here at Jeffrey R. Davis, P.A., we are committed to all aspects of your legal matter by reviewing all areas of your case; your medical records, case evidence, recent case law and decisions and other relevant materials in order to advise you on winning strategies. We are highly experienced and have the knowledge to address your concerns when it comes to personal injuries, accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death and other catastrophic damage cases.
Jeff Davis is proud to be a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, an invitation-only trial lawyers organization in which he is an active participant. Jeff is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Civil Trial Law which allows him to use the term”specialist” in his field. He has been an active Florida attorney since 1986 and has handled thousands of legal cases throughout the State of Florida (and occasionally other states as well) in both State and Federal Courts. Before hiring a lawyer, do your homework and make a selection of someone that will provide you with high-quality, competent and thorough representation. Please give Jeffrey R. Davis, P.A. a call at (305) 577.7777.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!