A recent Miami Herald article detailed the Florida Legislators efforts to limit business liability in Covid-19 lawsuits. A lawyer involved with the legislative workshop described it as a “solution in search of a problem”. For years, the Republican controlled house and senate in Florida has created crisis after crisis in order to enact laws that shield various sectors from lawsuits. These frivolous laws pretend to exist to prevent the avalanche of lawsuits that are coming. In actuality, these lawmakers are pandering to business groups and other influential organizations to back them.
Jeff Davis Law P.A.
Personal injury law is our main practice. Personal injury cases arise when the tortious action or inaction of a person or corporate entity causes harm to another individual. “Tortious” acts may be based on negligence, recklessness, intentional acts, or even strict liability in certain cases (such as abnormally dangerous activities and defective products).
Accordingly, the firm handles a wide range of cases involving accidents, medical malpractice, insurance disputes, products liability, and premises defects. For specific areas please browse our complete list of practice areas.
- Letter to the Editor Miami HeraldSeptember 15, 2021 - 11:21 am
- Homeowner has Duty to Maintain City Sidewalk in Front of their HouseAugust 24, 2021 - 2:39 pm
- My Most Difficult CaseAugust 14, 2021 - 11:02 am
- The Myth of Full CoverageJuly 22, 2021 - 5:00 am
- Court DisdorderJuly 13, 2021 - 1:14 pm
- Florida’s New Bicycle LawsJuly 7, 2021 - 6:05 pm
- “DON”T WORRY–I HAVE FULL COVERAGE”! MYTH vs. TRUTHJuly 4, 2021 - 6:32 pm